Affirmations are one of the most powerful ways to attract what it is you want in your life.
Your thoughts and words are the declarations of who you think you are, your place and impact in your space of influence and your perspective of the world. Furthermore, what you think about you bring about. So if you think and express words that depreciate your self-worth and value, not only will you hold this out as your personal truth, but others will perceive you negatively as well. This law of attraction also holds true for your positive thoughts and statements.
The Power Of Affirmations
Strong, positive affirmations are the key to transforming and designing a life and a future you desire. By purposefully replacing limiting, negative beliefs and self-talk that you have internalized over many years with positive affirming statements of who you want to become, the life you want to live and how you want to experience life, you actually have the power to transform your character, your circle of friends and associations and your future.
Use positive affirmations to:
- Change your limiting beliefs,
- Program your subconscious mind,
- Intensify the law of attraction,
- Set and reach breakthrough goals,
- Greatly accelerate your success.
As you exercise daily consistent positive affirmations, visualizing and feeling the emotions of who you want to become and the life you choose to experience as though it were today you actually have the power to rewire your brain and change the course of your life!
One important rule to remember is to phrase your statements for what you want, not what you don’t want. Your brain doesn’t recognize negating, qualifying words. So if you say you don’t want “x,y,z” you will actually attract “x,y,z”. For example, a friend kept complaining to me that she kept attracting the wrong guys to her. I asked her to tell me what traits her “ideal man” has. She answered, “I don’t want him to be a lazy, selfish drunk like my last boyfriend.”. I pointed out to her that by her focusing on what she didn’t want she was actually attracting the men to her that were “lazy, selfish and alcoholics”. When she changed her affirmation for the traits she actually wanted in a man she had better success attracting men of higher quality and aligned with her wish list.
Creating Your Own Positive Affirmations
Here are some guidelines for creating your own effective affirmations. Remember, an affirmation is a positive statement which affirms your being in the state of having already accomplished the goal.
- Start with the words “I am”.
- Use the present tense.
- Make your statement in the positive. Affirm what you want, not what you don’t want.
- Keep it brief
- Include an action word ending with “ing”.
- Include at least one dynamic emotion or feeling word.
- Make affirmations for yourself not others.
- I am enjoying seeing the happy, grateful faces of the people I have helped to create their own successful business.
- I am joyfully celebrating being a top earner in my company.
- I am enjoying looking at my physically fit ___ pound body in the mirror.
Sometimes we aren’t aware of programming or traits that we need to fix. Here are some exercises to help you identify areas where you may want to start creating affirmations.
Correcting Old Programming
- Take a piece of paper and draw a line down the middle. On the left side write down all the negative things you were told when you were a child. Include the negative things you tell yourself.
- On the right side of the paper, for each negative item on the list, write the positive version of the item.
- Example: Old program lie: I have no friends because I’m a nerd. New Program: I am attracting lots of quality friends who appreciate the value I add to their lives.
The Irritants List
- Take a piece of paper and draw a line down the middle. On the left side of the paper you are going to write down all the things in your home that irritate you. Start with your bedroom then move around the house writing down everything that irritates you.
- On the right side of the paper, for each irritant item, write down how you would like to see or experience that item.
- Example: Irritant: I hate seeing the pile of old clothes in the corner of the bedroom. Positive: I love seeing this sparkly clean corner in my bedroom!
Affirmation Word List
Here is a list of words to help you in creating your affirmations:
If you enjoyed this post please comment and share if you want more content like this.
Need help? Do you have a problem you are struggling with? Considering coaching? Check out my Work With Me tab. I love helping people and I’m here to help you succeed and achieve your goals and dreams.
PS: Are your fears holding your back from your success? Do you have more time in your business than your success? If So, Check This Out: CLICK HERE!
If you enjoyed this post, Positive Affirmations To Design Your Future, share and/or comment below!