This 30 day challenge is intended to help you grow to your next level of success, starting with your morning routine.
Let’s define what an affirmation is again. An affirmation are thoughts and words you tell yourself inwardly and outwardly by voice. Affirmations impact how we view ourselves and our perception of the world. In addition, you will attract to you those people and things that align with the vibration you are sending out to the universe. If you consistently express positive affirmations, you will have a positive image of yourself, a positive perception of the world and you will attract positive people and things into your life. The same law of attraction happens when you focus and think on negative things. You will get more negativity into your life.
So the goal is to purposefully set your intent first thing in the morning, beginning with the new day, on the positive things you want in your life and the person you want to become that will attract more goodness and abundance into your life. The more consistent you are in being conscious of your mindset and keeping your thoughts, words, goals and focus on the positive and inspirational the greater success you will have in changing and creating the life you desire.
Knowing And Taking Action
Just knowing an affirmation isn’t enough to change your mindset to create the life of success you desire. We all know we need to eat right and exercise to have a healthy fit body, but just knowing doesn’t change our body. We have to act on that knowledge to make it a part of our being and lifestyle.
We know that success leaves hints. If you want to have greater success and abundance in your life, then do what other successful people have done and develop those habits and self-discipline.
Those who have been successful have a vision and a laser focus of where they are going, what they want to accomplish and they have a set of daily routines or habits to help them get there.
Hal Elrod’s book, Miracle Morning, will be an important part of this 30-day challenge so make sure you get it ordered as soon as possible.
Until you get the book, just know that each morning starts with your power hour. You will get up one hour before you usually do for your personal development. The goal is for you to do the following things within this hour: silence (prayer, meditation), affirmations, visualization, exercise, reading, scribing/journaling. You can break up your morning into 3 twenty minute blocks or 4 fifteen minute blocks.
For example, with 4 fifteen minute blocks you would do 15 minutes of prayer/meditation, visualizing your ideal self and life, 15 minutes of exercise and listening to an audio book, 15 minutes of affirmations, journaling and writing the things you are grateful for, then 15 minutes creating your day meditation. Then you shower and go forward with your day. I strongly recommend that you say your affirmations in the shower. Hearing yourself out loud voicing the positive statements is very empowering.
Remember, you can’t just wish for a new life. You must take action to change yourself into that person who will create and attract that life you dream of. You will become that person of success before your bank account shows your success.
Day 1 New Beginning
“Today is a brand new day. My past does not define me. My future is mine to create.”.
You Are Not Your Past
It’s very natural for most of us to define ourselves based on our past. But this only limits our beliefs and our true potential.
Be very aware of the things you tell yourself and the impressions you allow yourself to have toward others and the world around you. When you notice you are telling yourself something negative immediately flip this thought or statement into a positive one.
If you catch yourself having a negative thought about some person or some “thing”, immediately point out something positive about that person or thing. This may be challenging at first, but then it will become second nature and quite enjoyable, then life-changing.
Consider the following statements. The first sentence provides the past experience while the second statement reflects the chosen limiting belief.
- I’m a good-for-nothing — I haven’t accomplished much in my life, so I’m not going to accomplish much in my future.
- I haven’t had good relationships in the past, so I’m likely to continue to attract unhealthy men/women into my life or have difficulty creating good relationships.
- I was never a good student so I’m just not cut out for success in school or any other things in my future.
- My dad/mom/teacher once scolded me for being lazy/lousy/slow/stupid/incompetent/idiotic/a disgrace of the family/[insert negative adjective], so I’m indeed lazy/lousy/slow/stupid/incompetent/idiotic/a disgrace of the family/[insert negative adjective]. (Others told me I’m ____, therefore I must accept that I’m ____.)
Your past is only there to teach you and to make you aware that you can create something better for yourself in the future, if you so choose. Your potential is only limited to your beliefs. If you believe your past determines your future, you will surrender to that hopelessness and accept inaction to change your future.
But you must ask yourself by looking at your results of these limiting beliefs. If you are broke living paycheck to paycheck how is this serving the your greater good and that of your family, your favorite charity, your posterity, your community and so on?
You have everything within you to become anything and have anything you choose.
Your thoughts directly impact your actions, your actions (or in-actions) directly impact your results.
To change your results, you must change your thoughts and change your actions!
You have infinite potential to be and create the life of your highest imagination.
Notice how the following “empowering” statements from the above examples make you feel:
- I have been playing way too small in my life. I have infinite potential within me. I am worthy of success. I am a 6 (or 7) figure earner and have helped hundreds of people find success too.
- I am worthy and capable of attracting and building healthy relationships. I attract fun, successful, intelligent, loving, giving people into my life and into my business.
- I am determined and destined for success in my life. I am successful at everything I truly want in my life. I attract success and abundance in my life.
- My parents/teacher, etc. didn’t mean to label me in the negative and they were just trying to help me develop the skills to live a productive happy life. Or if they did, this was their issue and not mine. I am a self-starter, motivated, initiator, intelligent, confident, competent and my family is very proud of me.
If you’re like most people the negative, limiting belief statements made you feel heavy, sad, down, hopeless…giving you a lower vibration. But, the positive, affirming statements most likely made you feel energized, empowered, happy, elevated, more capable…giving you a higher vibration.
When we focus on our higher potential and purpose and reaffirm with positive thoughts and words, we empower ourselves to take those actions that will lead to a better result that we want for ourselves.
Day 1 New Beginning Assignment:
- Purchase Hal Elrod’s book, Miracle Morning.
- Identify ONE area of your life where you have been limiting your potential or where you feel you are not expressing your true potential.
- What is the belief statement you have been holding onto in this area? Is it serving you or helping you to accomplish your higher goal(s)?
- Change your belief statement to one that is positive, empowering and aligns with your greater vision of yourself and your life. This is your new belief affirmation statement.
- Identify at least ONE (1) action step you will take to make your new belief come true. Create a deadline to take action and commit to being making it happen.
- Repeat today’s affirmation as often as you think of it throughout the day.
- Repeat your New Belief affirmation statement out loud, as often as you can today.
- You get extra points for shouting out these affirmations in the shower.
- Share your experience on the Facebook Group: Affirmation Shower
- Sign up for the Affirmation Challenge Newsletter. Don’t worry I respect your privacy and will never share your information with anyone.
If you enjoyed this post please comment and share if you want more content like this.
Need help? Do you have a problem you are struggling with? Considering coaching? Check out my Work With Me tab. I love helping people and I’m here to help you succeed and achieve your goals and dreams.
PS: Are you having trouble breaking free from your old programming? If So, Check This Out: CLICK HERE!
If you enjoyed this post, Day 1: 30 Day Affirmation Challenge [New Beginning], share and/or comment below!