This is Day 17 of your 30 Day Affirmation Challenge where your relationships are the focus and what it means to live a life of surrender as you lose yourself in the service toward others to win.
To live a life of surrender, faith and trust you must lose yourself and your self-focus in order to get what you truly want in the end, starting with relationships.
Creating Abundant Relationships
Living a life of surrender begins with creating abundant relationships.
Surrender to Someone Greater Than Yourself
The most important relationship is the one you create with your Heavenly Father, your Higher Power. This is someone outside yourself who is far greater than you, but provides you the ability to become more and accomplish more than you can alone.
To live in a constant place of surrender is to live in constant connection with your Heavenly Father, your Higher Source, a Higher Purpose.
Surrendering means to live in faith with works. It requires action.
Your focus in not in your getting or receiving, but rather it’s in your serving others selflessly without any expectations in return. Your joy and purpose is fulfilled as you are open for and looking for opportunities to impact and leave people and places better than you found them.
Relationships With Others
Your relationship with another person isn’t located in them it’s located within you. If all you think about when you think of a person is what you don’t like about them, then you have to justify those thoughts and that’s what you have to pull from and what you must act upon. However, it’s not about them it’s about you.
To change a relationship, you must change yourself.
You become what you think about.
You can only act from the thoughts you are focusing on. If all you think about is what’s missing, the scarcity in your life, what’s wrong or what you don’t have and other negative thoughts of lack then this is the only pooled source you have to pull from. This negative source is where you process your life experience from and what you have to act upon.
Relationship With Self
Forgiveness is the greatest gift you can give yourself. If a snake bites you, you don’t suffer and die from the bite, it’s the venom that does this. Holding grudges and hate is the toxic venom in your life. When you fail to forgive others and yourself this lack of forgiveness poison’s your own life, not the other person. When you forgive and let go of the bitterness what you receive in return is peace, love and clarity.
You become what you think about.
To Get More You Must Give More
Do you want more love or friendship in your life? If you want more you must give ore of those things that you desire. If you want more love, give more love, send love out from you from your heart. This is heart energy.
Remember to that love and forgiveness toward others begins with loving and forgiving yourself. How you treat yourself is how you will treat others.
As you think so shall you be. You act on what you think about.
Your Character Reflection
How you respond to others and outside events will let you know where your personal growth lies. What comes from you is a reflection of what’s inside you. What is inside you is always within your control.
Your results, your reactions from others and the type of people you are attracting will reflect your character and what you need to work on.
A Life Of Surrender, Faith, Trust And Purpose
Living a life of surrender always starts with exercising acceptance. Accept those things you cannot change. This is where I always repeat the serenity prayer which helps me surrender those things to God that I cannot change, while asking Him to give me courage to change the things I can. There is far more power and abundance that comes from living a life of acceptance, surrender and service to others, than a life of fear, doubt and self-centeredness.
Each Day Of Surrender Starts With Silence
Your day of surrender begins with your morning ritual which begins with silence.
This is my morning routine for silence:
- Gratitude – I name the things I am grateful for. This includes both positive and negative events. Negative events are intended to teach us and get our attention.
- Keep an open heart – It’s important to keep an open heart. To feel the difference, cross your legs and wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze tight. Notice your breath is tight. This is being closed. Now, sit or lay back with your legs uncrossed and your arms at your side, palms facing up. Close your eyes and take a deep slow breath in then out. This is being open. Notice how much more calm you feel.
- Ask for guidance – I ask that my attention be directed to those areas I need to focus my attention to. I usually get my answers throughout the day.
- Who to serve – I ask that they people I am supposed to serve be brought to my mind, that I be guided to them or them to me.
- Getting answers – Your answers will come back to you through your intuition. Throughout your day or another time. Always trust your intuition.
- Sit in the still quietness, keeping my mind clear and open, receiving any images or impressions.Envision the person I am becoming and the lifestyle I am creating. I feel the feelings through all my senses.
- Create your day mediation.
Video: Surrender Yourself In The Service Of Others For Success
Throughout the day be mindful of where your heart is. Is it open for guidance, inspiration? Be open to listen to and always trust your intuition. Listen to the conversations you have. Are the answers to your prayers and requests hidden in these words and faces? When you know that the Divine and intervened or used you to serve, always acknowledge this and gives thanks.
God Speaks A Different Language
The language of God and the Universe is very different from the tangible world. Answers are hidden in unspoken impressions, your intuition, a feeling deep down inside. They can come from the people and events that you encounter during the day. But your answers only come as you are taking action while having an open heart and mind looking for His answers.
God’s answers may not be obvious, but you will know. For example, you may lose your job, a relationship may end or you may be faced with a sudden hardship… this is God working in your life to move you in the right direction or to teach you something. God will close doors so that others can be opened for your greater purpose. Trust this process.
You cannot control your reputation. People will form their own opinion about you. You can only control your character. How you respond to others and outside events provide a mirror of who you are inside. This is your character, which also reflects your actions when no one is around. It is only your character that you can control and change. Your morning routine will provide you the opportunity to mold and change your character to that person that will attract and create the life you desire.
Day 17 Assignment
“I am what I think about. I ask great questions to live an incredible life!”
Afformation: Why do I have an incredible life?
- Identify one thing in your life that you cannot change and that you need to accept. Hand this over to God of your Higher Power.
- List one thing that is getting in the way and keeping you from reaching your goals. This could be something that brings you fear or you keep procrastinating on. The bigger the fear means you MUST attack this.
- Commit a date by when you will take action to over come this obstacle.
- Tomorrow morning, include prayer and mediation in your Miracle Morning routine.
- Write about your experiences in your journal and share in the Facebook Group.
If you enjoyed this post please comment and share if you want more content like this.
Need help? Do you have a problem you are struggling with? Considering coaching? Check out my Work With Me tab. I love helping people and I’m here to help you succeed and achieve your goals and dreams.
PS: Do You Feel Stuck in Achieving Your Success? If So, Check This Out: CLICK HERE! (Unless you already have all the success you want.)
If you enjoyed this post, Day 17 Affirmation: Relationships, You Must Lose To Win, share and/or comment below!