In Day 13 of the Affirmation Challenge, you learn some tweaks to bust through your self-worth to start getting what you deserve and want in your life.
Does Your Confidence Mirror Your Self Worth?
Self-confidence and self-esteem (self-worth) do not always go hand in hand. Based on an article in the periodical publication, Psychology Today, the Latin basis of the word “confidence” is to trust. To be self-confident is your ability to trust yourself and your ability to engage successfully with the world.
The Latin basis of the word “esteem” means to appraise, value, rate, weigh or estimate. Your self-esteem is your cognitive, and more importantly, your emotional appraisal of your own worth as a person and the value you provide others. Your self-esteem is the mechanism through which you think, feel and act, and it directly impacts and determines how you relate to yourself, others and the world.
When you are self-confident you are ready and willing to rise to new challenges, seize opportunities, deal with difficult situations, determined to figure things out and take responsibly when things go wrong.
Self-Confidence Without Self-Esteem
A self-confident person who lacks self-esteem may find it easier to build their confidence rather than focus on overcoming their imperfections and investing in their personal growth through their failures. They hide behind their long list of abilities and achievements, seeking outward compensating validation by propping themselves up with income and status, while escaping their personal loneliness and lack of self-worth in addictive behaviors and unhealthy indulgences.
In the absence of confidence, it’s your courage and your faith in something bigger than yourself pulling for your success that causes you to face and overcome fear and uncertainty. Courage is far more noble than confidence because it requires greater strength. When you have courage you have limitless capabilities and possibilities to mold and shape your life.
The more courageous action you take the greater your confidence will grow.
When you have a healthy self-esteem you treat yourself with respect and take care of your health. You feel a deep need to give of yourself and your resources to help and serve others with the goal of making a difference in your community and the world.
Personal honesty and integrity underline how you relate to yourself and others allowing you to develop meaningful personal and professional relationships.
When you have self-esteem you consistently invest in your continued self-improvement while investing of yourself completely in your causes, projects and people without fearing rejection or setbacks. You meet setbacks with resilience, courageously pushing through obstacles to reach your goals. Having a love and acceptance of yourself and your imperfections you are accepting and forgiving of others.
Grow Your Self-Worth
I have to tell you that the most important love you can receive is the love you give yourself. Your Heavenly Father, or your Higher Power, loves you just as you are…perfectly. But He loves you too much to keep you where you are knowing of your infinite potential and the fulfilling life of abundance you can create by becoming all that you can become.
Loving yourself and seeing yourself as a person of value in the world will attract positivity from those around you. If you lack self-love and self-esteem, others and the world around you will treat you with the same negativity. Therefore, your level of success is directly influenced and determined by the vision you have of yourself and for your life and your personal worthiness to receive, regardless of your past.
Living in the past and focusing on our failures keep us from moving forward with the vision of what we can become. This is why personal affirmations are a powerful tool since they draw your attention and focus on your infinite potential and value. When you love yourself and see yourself as an empowered person of infinite worth the world will follow.
Affirmations To Build Your Self Worth
Here are some affirmations and declarations that may help you build self-esteem and self-confidence:
Video: Build Your Self Worth
Day 13 Affirmation:
“I am worthy of receiving love, money, success, and happiness.”
Day 13 Assignment:
- Identify one area of your life where you are currently experiencing some self-doubt. This may be an area where you have lacked confidence or felt negativity your entire life. It may be a new area of self-doubt due to a setback. (Examples:)
- Business/Career: Your desired level of success in your profession or business.
- Weight: Your ideal weight where you have difficulty gaining/losing/maintaining.
- Romance: Your romance…in finding a good partner or spicing up your relationship.
- Identify your dream vision for this area. For example: My dream vision is to be:
- Business/Career: making a 6 figure income of $____ in my home based business.
- Weight: at my ideal dream weight of xyz lbs/kg.
- Romance: in a loving relationship with a man/woman with these attributes__________________.
- Create your affirmation belief in this area in the form of, “I deserve
- Business/Career: I deserve to be making a 6 figure income of $___ in my home business.
- Weight: I deserve to be at my ideal dream weight of xyz lbs/kg.
- Romance: I deserve to be in a loving relationship with a man/woman with these attributes__________________.
- Say your new beliefs out loud along with today’s affirmation as many times as you can today.
If you enjoyed this post please comment and share if you want more content like this.
Need help? Do you have a problem you are struggling with? Considering coaching? Check out my Work With Me tab. I love helping people and I’m here to help you succeed and achieve your goals and dreams.
PS: Do You Feel Stuck in Achieving Your Success? If So, Check This Out: CLICK HERE! (Unless you already have all the success you want.)
If you enjoyed this post, Day 13 Affirmation: Tweaks To Bust Through Self-Worth, share and/or comment below!
Leave a Reply